The Karma Kids Yoga Teacher Training is for anyone who loves working with children. Our course will provide fun-filled, engaging ideas that are beneficial for kids of all ages. Our method of teaching yoga to children incorporates the use of animated poses, props, music, art, games, storytelling and the imagination, to help stimulate their senses as well as stretch and strengthen their developing bodies.
The Karma Kids Yoga approach uses creative techniques to keep children of all ages engaged in their yoga practice. The unique style incorporates a lot of fun into each class, while encouraging kids to find their inner-peace. Join us to learn over 500 yoga poses, partner poses, group poses, yoga games and activities, breathing exercises, relaxation and visualization techniques, and more for sharing yoga with toddlers through teenagers! Join us and find your inner-child all over again and Come Play Yoga!
This course will cover:
- The Benefits of Yoga for Children
- Child-friendly yoga poses, partner poses, group poses, games, activities, themes, stories, breathing exercises, relaxation and visualization techniques – over 475 poses and games!
- Partner and Group yoga poses and yoga games, for kids and families
- Creative ways to help build confidence, trust, teamwork, focus, concentration, and a sense of calm to get kids to relax and develop self-control
- Developing a yoga class that is fun, safe, effective and engaging for toddlers through teens
- Incorporating props, music, art, stories, and age-appropriate themes into children’s yoga classes, birthday parties, and special events
- Teaching with confidence and creativity, patience and acceptance, with an open heart and an open mind
- Balancing the need for structure and freedom within each class
- Harnessing the energy in the room and being in the moment
- Tips for teaching yoga to children that support a fair, non-competitive environment
- Tools for dealing with restlessness and behavior challenges in a class
- Developmental considerations and cautions for toddlers through teens; understanding where they are in their lives
- How to successfully encourage and talk to children; how to communicate and inspire
- How to give positive and constructive feedback
- An opportunity to develop and present your own yoga class incorporating your own creative ideas
- How to monitor kid trends
- Bringing out the child within you and having FUN!
Experience our interactive yoga asanas, yoga with songs, art, stories, games, activities, musical instruments, puppets, visualization and relaxation techniques for a successful children’s yoga class.
Even if you’re already experienced in teaching yoga to children, this course is a great way to add innovative and fun ideas into your classes, keeping them fresh and engaging.