Calling all Yoga teachers, parents, teachers and therapists with a personal yoga practice who are interested in incorporating mindful yoga into their work with children and teens.
Yoga, Ethics & Child Development is a 2-day/14-hour inquiry-based, experiential training designed to anchor you with an understanding of whole child development through a lens of the basic yogic principle of body, mind, and spirit unity. Our intention is for you to emerge empowered with a deeper connection to your personal and shared yogic values and practical tools for creating developmentally appropriate Yoga classes that are responsive to children’s needs and relevant to their lives. Participants may choose to attend only day-1 on Ethics or day-2 on Child Development depending on track requirements.
We’ll get practical:
- Deepen personal practice in support of your teaching
- Inventory your personal ideals and values
- Reflect on self-care
We’ll get ethical:
- Review ethical guidelines from the fields of Yoga and Education
- Increase consciousness and care regarding hands-on assists and student engagement
- Explore the components of a safe and inclusive class environment
- Develop skills for communicating with parents and other helping professional
We’ll get philosophical:
- Inform practice with theory and theory with practice
We’ll get playful:
- Add tools to your toolbox; games, affirmations and visualizations
We’ll explore synergies between theories of child development, the science and philosophy of yoga, and the maturation of consciousness:
- Identify the 7 chakras, where they lie in the body, their interactions with the physical body through the endocrine and nervous systems, and how they relate to our daily lives
- Delve into the Yamas and Niyamas (yoga precepts)
- Study the significant stages of physical/motor development
- Examine developmental movement patterns, primitive reflexes and postural responses
- Understand typical and atypical social, emotional and cognitive development
- Discuss typical and atypical speech and language development
Tuition Includes: Training Manual, Resource Rubric, Certificate of Completion
Marni Gittleman, MS Ed, RYT, RCYT is certified in an alchemy of specializations from Arts & Education to Educational Leadership, Yoga Therapy, Yoga for Children with Special Needs, Reiki, Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan and Awakened Heart – Embodied Mind Yoga. Dedicated to the service of children and families for over 25 years, Marni is a sought after Experiential Learning consultant specializing in the unique creation of customized curriculum, exhibits and public/community events designed to engage, empower and uplift. Notable projects include Noah’s Ark at the Skirball, LA, CA and the GLOWmasphere at Santa Monica GLOW. Her program, Peace It On Yoga serves children and their families and integrates the science of yoga with mindfulness, somatic movement and expressive arts to cultivate inner calm, improve physical well-being, develop tools of awareness and focus, and elevate the spirit.