The YoKid 20-hour Basic Training is made up of the following three courses:
- Yoga Philosophy for Kids
- Yoga Philosophy that includes Yoga Sutras, Chakras, Meditation, Yoga Nidra, & Guided Relaxation for Kids. Learn fundamental yoga philosophy and how it pertains to children. In this segment of the training you will also learn ways to teach guided relaxation, pranayama, and meditation to school-aged children in grades K-12.
- Teaching K-5th Grade Yoga
- K-5th (5-10 year olds): Developmental Stages, Behavior Management, Teaching Strategies & Methodology for your yoga classroom. This course focuses on traditional and non-traditional poses (including, partner poses, games, and activities), as well as appropriate language and methods for creating a fun, yet calming environment for elementary school children.
- Teaching 6th-12th Grade Yoga
- 6th-12th (11-17 year olds): Developmental Stages, Behavior Management, Teaching Strategies & Methodology for your yoga classroom. Inspired by the Ashtanga primary series, you will learn to teach traditional hatha poses, and partner poses, that you can use in your yoga classroom. This Ashtanga teen series will give you the foundation you need to create a fun and challenging, yet calming and relaxing environment for teens.
You will learn about yoga philosophy and the Yoga Sutras as they pertain to kids & teens, asana for the elementary, middle, and high school student, traditional hatha poses, the Ashtanga Teen Series developed by Kino McGregor, yoga games, yoga stories, partner poses, and journaling.