Young Warriors provides, shares, and guides yoga for children. The yoga we teach is play-based movement intended to stretch children both on and off of the mat. We are also one of the most established children’s yoga programs in Colorado and have trained hundreds of people to successfully teach kid yoga.
- Philosophy and benefits of yoga for children
- General framework for designing engaging children’s yoga classes: sun salutations, themed poses, breath work, games and more!
- Classroom management techniques
- Overview of child development and instructions for designing developmentally appropriate classes for different ages: Tot/Pre-K, School-Aged,Tween and Family Yoga
- Inversions and partner work for children
- Mindfulness, meditation and stillness for children
- Overview of Adaptive Yoga and accommodating children with “special needs”
- Incorporating enrichment activities: music, rhythm, art and storytelling
- Business of children’s yoga discussion
- Practice teaching with feedback
- Receive a detailed manual filled with tips, tricks, and helpful resources
- Observe numerous children’s yoga classes to enhance learning and build practical skills from real-life experience
I entered the training with no expectations and was very impressed with the amount of knowledge shared in such a short period of time. – YW Graduate