Cheryl Crawford, ERYT- 500, RCYT, B.S.Ed.,Yoga Teacher, Co-Grounder
Cheryl Crawford is grounded in compassion and elevated in absurdity, (I’m actually writing this bio myself while pretending someone else is writing awe-inspiring things about me) and is dedicated to connecting children to the power of a seriously playful yoga practice. Working in schools and playing with words, she discovered that students were far more connected to their daily lessons when they felt not only heard, but understood. Seen. Connected. Grounded.
I’ll connect you with some facts because I know you may want to get grounded in our teaching methodology.
- My teaching journey began in the public elementary schools in Atlanta, where I worked as a classroom teacher, reading specialist, and curriculum coordinator for 11 years.
- I got pregnant with triplets. did the yogas, liked it. Mushed that together, the yoga that is…not the triplets, with my love of teaching kids and created a program along with my business partner called Grounded Kids.
- I create curriculum for Grounded Kids, teach yoga to kids in the public schools, teach in the studio at Decatur Yoga and Pilates, and lead teacher trainings internationally.
- I consider Dr. Seuss one of my master teachers and I love fusing his work with yoga sutras. Fusing universally loved children’s books with yoga teachings gives me a map towards becoming more inner literate.
- My teenage triplet daughters broaden and deepen my inner landscape~ particularly the state of Love…and Patience…and Humility.
- I see the state of Joy that yoga brings to all sorts of people, from three-year-old children to men who are homeless. Each of these populations has a lot to teach each other about the universal truths that can help us all be our best selves. That’s why I tune into the people I teach, and share their wisdom with my many different populations.
- I’ve learned how to learn from my students, and even though I certify many of them to teach, they in turn certify me to be more aware and more reflective.
- I’m certified to teach Anusara, Kundalini, Correlation Vinyasa, Hot Core Power, YogaKids, and of course, Laughter Yoga.
- I am great and grateful to have trained under Marsha Wenig, John Friend, Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, Gina Minyard, Desiree Rumbaugh, Christina Sell and Paul Muller-Ortega and I continue to study with whole-hearted teachers.
I work on grounding into my own heart, so I can uplift and elevate all those I come into contact with. I find that by asking “Are you safe? Are you sound? Are you whole? Are you well?” I can help students of all ages and abilities find the grounding they need to truly soar.