Asanas for Autism and Special Needs – Level 1 Yoga for Children with Special Needs 25-hour Yoga Alliance Registered course offers fun, hands-on and effective strategies for teaching yoga to children of diverse abilities. Participants will learn tools to support children ages 5-17 with self-regulation, body awareness, social skills, expression of difficult emotions, language and communication and so much more! Learn strategies, supports and modifications to teach yoga to children with ADD, ADHD, Autism, Down Syndrome, Prader-Willi, Williams Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, sensory integration difficulties, language processing difficulties, developmental delays, limited mobility, anxiety, behavioral challenges and more!
- Yoga Teachers
- Pediatric Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Behavior Specialists
- Pediatric or School Nurses
- P.E. and A.P.E Teachers
- Anyone who is passionate about sharing the benefits of yoga with children of all abilities.
- Playful and Passionate Connection with like-minded community
- Comprehensive Manual, Resource List, Book – Asanas for Autism and Special Needs – Yoga to Help Children with Their Emotions, Self-regulation and Body Awareness & Certificate of Completion.
- 25-hours packed full of Learning, Yoga Lesson Plans, Games, Songs, Stories, Partner and Group Poses & Activities.
- Anatomy & Physiology, Precautions and Contraindications related to children with special needs.
- Creative, Fun and Safe suggestions for Asanas (physical poses), Pranayama (breathing strategies) and relaxation and mindfulness activities.
- Suggestions for Props, Modifications, Adaptations, Tools and Supports to meet the needs of diverse cognitive and physical abilities and make yoga inclusive and accessible to children of all abilities.
- Chair Yoga for “yoga breaks” and for children with limited mobility
- Positive Behavior Strategies
- Poses and breathing strategies to support self-regulation, sensory-processing and expressing/releasing difficult emotions
- Suggestions for how to structure classes and lesson plans for groups with diverse needs.
- Trauma Sensitive Approach
A signed copy of my book, a manual, a Certificate of Completion in 25-hours of Yoga for Children with Special Needs (upon completing the requirements of the course) and 20% off the C.A.L.M.M Yoga Toolkit.