Do you love working with children? Do you love yoga? Learn to teach yoga and mindful movement for children with Young Warriors!
Young Warriors Children’s’ Yoga Teacher Trainings include:
- Philosophy and benefits of yoga for children
- General framework for designing engaging children’s yoga classes: sun salutations, themed poses, breath work, games and more!
- Classroom management techniques
- Overview of child development and instructions for designing developmentally appropriate classes for different ages: Tot/Pre-K, School-Aged,Tween and Family Yoga
- Inversions and partner work for children
- Mindfulness, meditation and stillness for children
- Overview of Adaptive Yoga and accommodating children with “special needs”
- Incorporating enrichment activities: music, rhythm, art and storytelling
- Business of children’s yoga discussion
- Practice teaching with feedback
- Receive a detailed manual filled with tips, tricks, and helpful resources
- Observe numerous children’s yoga classes to enhance learning and build practical skills from real-life experience
Why Young Warriors?
Young Warriors provides, shares, and guides yoga for children. The yoga we teach is play-based movement intended to stretch children both on and off of the mat. We are a well-established children’s yoga programs based at The River Power Vinyasa Yoga in Denver, CO…but we travel too! We have trained hundreds of people to successfully teach yoga for children in studios, homes, classrooms, enrichment and recreation programs and beyond! Young Warriors has also helped launch many successful children’s yoga careers/business. Our training will give you a solid foundation in teaching developmentally appropriate yoga classes and activities for tots to tweens in whatever setting you choose!
We always say, “bloom where you are planted!” This training you will gain the tools to do just that!
Ready to come learn and play? Register Today!
Location: The River Power Vinyasa Yoga, Denver, CO
Dates & Times:
September 15-17, 2017
Saturday, 8:30am – 5:30pm
Sunday, 8:30am – 5:30pm
Approximately four hours of class observations, practice teaching and homework is required outside of the training hours listed above.
Investment: $450 (including $50 non-refundable deposit). Must submit a $50 deposit to hold your space. Payment plans available.
Participants do NOT need any prior yoga certification or teaching experience. All you need is a love for children and a desire to share the benefits of yoga and mindfulness with your community!