|Creative Relaxation® Yoga Therapy for Children with Autism and Special Needs with Louise Goldberg, MA, ERYT 500, Author Yoga Therapy for Children with Autism and Special Needs (2013—WW Norton)12 hour certificate training courses for yoga teachers, educators, and therapists
12 CEU’s for RYT’s, OT’s, OTA’s, PDP’s (Florida). Please contact your credentialing organization to verify acceptance for CEU’s and PDP’s.Course includes Louise’s DVD: Creative Relaxation Yoga for Children ©2004. Certification provided for each level of training.
Creative Relaxation® yoga therapy may be used with all children, but the emphasis will be teaching children with autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, sensory processing disorders, anxiety, and other special needs. For educators, therapists and yoga teachers, and parents who want to teach their own children.
Description Level 1
- Effective communication techniques
- Introduction to stress and the brain
- Ways to maintain control and avert meltdowns
- Creating a safe environment
- Using a visual curriculum
- Using your voice and body efficiently
- Techniques for working in small spaces
- Yoga postures and therapeutic routines for use in public schools
- Routines for private sessions and parent-child classes
- HAVING FUN will be a main focus!
To Register: http://yogaforspecialneeds.com/