This training will benefit professionals working in the fields of infant health, occupational therapy, physical therapy, dance/movement therapy, yoga, somatic therapy, craniosacral therapy, somatic psychology, birth psychology, early intervention, pediatrics, post partum doula, & baby nursing to name a few.
The Level I training focuses on work with babies from birth to creeping with an emphasis on tummy time and infant anatomical development. Level 2 examines mobile babies from creeping, to finding their feet on the ground, through crawling sitting, pushing up, to stand, & walking. We will consider fetal and birth imprints in our training and how to accommodate these. Both levels are part of the training.
- Gain experiential knowledge of infant developmental movement patterns
- Correlate developmental movement with yoga poses
- Learn considerations of infant anatomical structures
- Develop ways to support essential bonding & attachment relationships between caregivers & babies
- Learn basic principles of pre and perinatal psychology and health
- Learn observation skills
- Learn how the senses are key to movement and learning
- Learn & create developmentally appropriate activities for incorporating this work into your own professional practice.
We will have daily practice of developmental movement using ideokinesis, games, & observation. There will be daily theoretical presentations and discussions, & guest babies for a sample class and observations. All participants will receive a teaching manual and dvd
Participants are encouraged to hold an advanced degree in a relevant profession or work directly with infants or children, however this work can easily be applied to those working with special needs, toddlers. children, teens, and adults as it is foundational.
* Pregnant participants are welcome but will need to modify the experiential activities.
For information on upcoming trainings in the United States and abroad please visit:http://www.brightstartbabies.net
Classes are taught by Ellynne Skove, LCAT, BC-DMT, NCC, E-RYT, RPP and are eligible for ceu’s by Yoga Alliance and in Creative Arts Therapies.
- Background in Specialty Area: 5.0 hour
- Techniques, Training and Practice: 6.0 hours
- Teaching Methodology: 3.75 hours
- Anatomy and Physiology: 6.0 hours
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics: 1.25
- Practicum: 14.5 hours
- Total: 36.5 hours